Monday, March 3, 2008

Blue Chair


I love my family. Totally. Wouldn't change a thing there. Craig and I have been married for "over 30 years" (which is a fairly convenient, and yet non-specific descriptor for the spouse that has to do the math to figure it out. That spouse would be me). Kids are great. Grandkid...awesome.

It's not them. It's me. At the end of the day, in my blue chair, I find myself regularly appalled. Mind you, I'm not sufficiently appalled to do anything about it. Just regularly and totally appalled. And so ready to be other than what I am.

There, I've stated it. That's about as far as I'll go. After all, I've got to get back to my blue chair. Figuratively speaking...because, in all reality, I never left it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sisu said...

Oh, I have so been there. And revisit that place on a regular basis. All we can do is fight, fight, fight..(and now I'm sounding reminiscent of my alma maters fight song) until we find out way out of the chair. Or off the couch. Still no running at our house. Kind of annoying really. As for blogging, you seem to be doing just fine. You just have to wait til the muse slaps you around a little sometimes.

Suzanne

March 3, 2008 at 10:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey C!

Guess the blog universe is smaller than I thought!

...I do believe I've seen sisu before and now I'm thinking I've seen you there as well ... you know, after that first visit ...
when I saw the office lady pic I wondered if it was you ...

So anyway, about the blue chair ...
my genes fail me ... you say you're "...so ready to be other than what I am."

We may joke that we were separated in the womb, where you hung out for another 12 years, but the fact is that you are SO MUCH more admirable than your two sibs.

I'm not gonna get sloppy here because tears will mess up my keyboard - kinda like red wine does - so just know this ...

I wouldn't want you OTHER than who you are .. not on a bet, not on a dare, not for any amount of money!
And, oh yeah, that goes for your nephew and your proud parents too!

~P~

March 27, 2008 at 6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home